Located on Mahachai Road. This royal temple was built in the reign of King Rama III in 1846. Loha Prasat (Metal Palace), one of its tourist attractions, standing on its 36 meters high with 37 surrounding spires is the only one of its kind left in the world. Situated in the nearby area are a royal pavilion for a guest welcome and the memorial statue of King Rama III.
Important Buildings in the Temple
The Ordination Hall
Parallel to the canal, this edifice built in the style of King Rama III's period. There are square pillars all around it. The gable is decorated with stucco.
The main Buddha image inside is cast of copper, mined at Chanteuk in Nakhon Ratchasima province. It was placed there in A.D. 1864 by order of King Rama III. King Rama IV gave the name "Phra Setthamuni" to the image.
Related tags : Wat Ratchanatdaram/royal temple/Bangkok/Thailand Temple/Wat Thai