Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wat Pa Fang : Lampang

[ Photo credits to ]

Built during the reign of King Rama IV by Burmese, Wat Pa Fang is located on Sanam Bin Road. It has a large, glittering gold Chedi containing a Holy Relic brought over from Myanmar around 1906. The extensive Sala Kan Parian (preaching hall) is made entirely of wood with Burmese-style overlapping roofs. A small Ubosot has a Burmese-style woodwork over its roof with beautiful plaster designs over its doors. Usually there are a considerable number of Burmese monks in residence

Tags :
/ / / /

No comments: