Take special care in learning the proper ritual for visiting a temple in Thailand.
- STEP 1: Buy incense or a flower from a stand outside the temple.
- STEP 2: Approach the temple door and remove your shoes.
- STEP 3: Enter the temple without speaking.
- STEP 4: Be careful not to touch any of the statues or the symbols once inside.
- STEP 5: Place your offering, either incense or flower, at the base of the Buddha statue.
- STEP 6: Remain silent.
Tips & Warnings
- The Thai word for temple is "wat."
- The Thai people consider sleeveless shirts, shorts and short skirts inappropriate. Always cover up before entering the temple.
Source : ehow
Technorati tags : Thailand Temple , temple , wat thai , Thailand, thai temple