Wat Maheyong is one of the significant temple in the group of monuments located out side the capital island to the east. It was built in early Ayutthaya period in the reign of King Sam Phraya, in 1438.
This monastery was built in the reign of King Borom Rachatirat (Chao Samphraya) in 1438 in Ceylonese architectural style: a principal pagoda in the bell shape on the foundation surrounded by elephant statues, and the cloisters are also bell shaped. It was firstly restored in the reign of King Tye-sa in 1709 and during the restoration he had a pavilion built outside the wall in order to control the construction. It took more than 3 years to finish it and had a great cerebration for 7 days.
photo : www.bangkoksite.com
Technorati tags : thai temple /Wat Maheyong /Ayutthaya /Thailand Temple